Occasionally, you can find a video poker game that isn’t a version of either of these two, but for the most part, for one of these two themes, they’re all variants. Appropriately enough, Best Bingo will start this page with an overview of those two games. Best Bingo is going to go on to mention as many combinations as Best Bingo can think of. Nearly all today’s video poker machines are variants on five-card draw poker. Attempts have been made to implement seven-card stud machines, and a few five-card stud-based machines are in use. But the basic game is a five-card draw, and Jacks or Better is the game where most variations are based. There is a video screen on each computer on which the photographs of the cards are transmitted. Winnings are normally compiled as credits, which can be cashed out at any time by the player, and the credits are often shown on the video screen on a metre.
The paytable will also appear on the screen on some devices; on others, the paytable is drawn on the glass of the unit. Play starts when the player presses the betting and dealing buttons. Up to five coins or credits at a time are accepted by most computers. If the player hits Bet Limit, five credits are deducted from the computer and the hand is distributed. After you have made all your choices, you press the Deal. Draw button. Then all cards that are not kept are discarded, and new cards are turned up to take their place. The final hand is these five cards. The computer matches the hand with the paytable, and the corresponding amount of credits are applied to the metre if the hand is a winner.
Wild Video Poker Games with Deuces
Wild video poker games at Deuces have a lot in common with Jacks or Better. They still need to get a hand with 5 cards and decide which cards to hold and which ones to throw away. They also always include getting a reward based on your hand’s power. The wild cards are a major twist, but they also consider Deuces Wild and Anything’s Wild to be almost completely separate games.
Variety of Poker Games
Best Bingo has described all the games Best Bingo know about below, along with a brief overview of the game’s distinguishing characteristics:
- Aces Poker Bonus. This is another variant that provides incentives for four hands of a kind, but you get an extra-large bonus reward if you get a 4 of a kind that spells out “ACE$”. (The aces are labelled with the letters that make up that combination, and you need to get them to qualify for the bonus reward in that order.)
- Poker BlackJack Bonus. Blackjack has little to do with this game. If you have blackjack as part of your final hand, it’s a variation of Bonus Poker where you get a bonus payout.
- Chase with the Royal. This is another multi-line game available at one time in 3, 5, or 10 hands. It is available in four different models, all of which are Jacks or Better types. The trick is that you can swap them if you’re dealt a pair of face cards to get a royal flush with a 4 card draw.
- Poker Plus Extra Extra Bonus. This one also provides a 4 of a kind bonus, but you get an extra bonus depending on the kicker that is the “plus” referred to in the game’s name.
- Double Mega Times Pay Poker Double Times. This is a more or less regular version of video poker, but you can put an extra 2 coin bet to get a shot at multipliers that are randomly awarded.
- Poker with Five Aces. This is the same as Bonus Poker (or one of its variations), but there is an additional card in the deck, the ace of stars. More than a royal flush, a hand of 5 aces pays out.
- Poker Joker. In this game, you only have one wild card — the joker. The deck includes 53 cards, the regular ones plus the joker.
- Choose a Poker Pair. You get to see the hand’s first 2 cards. Then, to complete the hand, you pick between 3 piles of cards. The top card of each of those 3 hands is clear to you. This one is almost distinct enough to count as its own variety from Jacks or Better, but it still owes the original video poker game a simple debt. Pick’em Poker is also commonly called this one.”
- Poker with Random Rewards. On top of your bet, you put an extra coin, and in return, you get bonuses on some hands.
- Poker Spin. There are 5 columns and 3 rows in this one. Any cards you hold are stored in all three rows.
- Poker Mega Double Bonus. This is another Bonus Poker variant with generous payouts for 4 aces and 4 face cards as well.
- Super Times Pay Spin Poker, Small Times. Another game with a mystery multiplier is this.
- Poker Triple Double Bonus. This is another variant of Bonus Poker where you get extra bonuses for your 4 of a kind, depending on the kicker.
- Poker Triple Spin. This is just Spin Poker with 3 games at one time on the projector.
- Poker Ultimate X. You’ve got to double the bet. If you do, then a multiplier that is then applied to the next hand results in every winning hand.
- Of Aces & Faces. This is much like Jacks or Better video poker, except on 4 of a kind hands that contain either an ace or a face card, you get bonus payouts. (The J, Q, and K are facial cards.)
- Draw Poker for Big Times. In either group, this one may be used, since it is a multi-line version with a multiplier feature. Bonus Poker which is, in itself, Deuces Wild, among others, are the base games.
- Building a Poker Wheel. This is another game with numerous base games, often with Deuces Wild, sometimes with Bonus Poker, etc. The gimmick is that when you make an extra bet, there is a reward wheel that you get to spin.
- Double Poker Bonus. This version is like Bonus Poker, except if you’re dealt 4 aces, it has an extra-large payout.
- Spin Poker Double Pay. As in the other “double pay” games, on both the initial deal and after discarding and replacing the cards, you get billed. It’s also a “Spin Poker” game in which you have 3 rows of 5 cards, and both hands hold the cards you have.
- Poker Extra Draw Frenzy. You get 3 to 7 bonus hands to play when you’re dealt a 3 of a kind.
- Poker with Hyper Bonus. You’re doubling the stake. You are then granted a multiplier on each paying side, but only half your wager is based on your payoffs.
- Peek and Poker Play. You bet 2 additional coins per hand. In return, before you decide which cards to discard, you get to look at the first card to be distributed after drawing.
- ‘Em Up Poker’ Rack. You can play 25, 50, or 100 hands at once, and on all of them, you get possible bonus points.
- Spin Poker Fever. You get multipliers for the next bonus if you get a flush or better. The prize wheel rewards several players at a time with bonuses.
- Video Poker Super Aces Bonus. This is a variant with a very high payout on the 4 aces of Bonus Poker. When playing with optimum strategies, the payback percentage is 99.94 per cent, making it one of the best casino games.
- Super Times Pay Poker for Mega Times. You put an extra bet on a single coin, and you get a random multiplier in return. Based on the frequency of the multiplier awards and their numbers, the extra coin is a safe bet.
- Poker Triple Bonus. With a separate paytable, this is yet another version of Bonus Poker.
- Triple Match Card Play With. The “match card” from an individual deck is drawn. Your wins are compounded by the multiplier if you have the card in your hand.
- Poker Ultimate Aces. Your wager is doubled, but it only counts as half in the paytable. Then, if an ace is dealt with you, you get a multiplier for your victory. The more aces there are in your hand, the greater the multiplier.
- Poker with White Hot Aces. With better than average bonuses for 4 aces, this is a rare Bonus Poker version. When you get four deuces, 3s, or 4s, it also gives bigger payouts.
Dozens of video poker games and variants available to play can be found. Best Bingo also attempted to provide a list as detailed as possible. For the most part, you can find some of the other choices on the above list if you can play Jacks or Better and/or Deuces Wild. At online casinos, you’ll even find some odd variations. In our segment devoted to online video poker, Best Bingo discuss these in more detail. Most of these versions have only one or two minor variations from the games that are more common. Sometimes, in today’s market, to cause multipliers or other incentives, the difference has to do with betting more money.